Spring and Summer Are Coming!
What is the “Fastest Way to Lose Weight“?
Weight gain is an epidemic, plaguing a vast majority of the population in the United States. It seems we just can’t let go of our burgers, fried food, snacks, and other scrumptious goodies that make our mouths water.
- 1 Why Lose Weight?
- 2 What Issues May Arise Because of Being Overweight?
- 3 Socially and for Health Reasons
- 4 What Are a Few “Fastest Way to Lose Weight” Home Treatments?
- 5 Use Caution When Using ANY Method For Weight Loss
- 6 What Are Some Risks When Trying to Lose Weight Fast?
- 7 Lose Weight the Healthy Way: No Pills, No Starving (Why?)
- 8 People Are Always Looking for the “Fastest Way to Lose Weight” but Summertime is Even More Important
- 9 Find the “Fastest Way to Lose Weight,” Take What Works for You, and Use for Long-Term Weight Control
- 10 Weight Loss Is a Wide Niche, but Stick With
- 11 the “Fastest (Healthiest) Way to Lose Weight”
Want to know the sad truth?
The United States holds the award for having the highest percentage of overweight and obese people— a staggering 13 percent! That is around 160 million people in the nation who are suffering from obesity or are overweight due to their poor diet choices and unhealthy routine.
— Daily Express (@Daily_Express) May 6, 2018
Do you find yourself in the same boat as others?
Are you part of the problem?
Do you wonder how you can become a part of the solution?
What efforts are you currently making to lose weight, or what efforts have you made in the past to lose weight, only to fail?
Unfortunately, the long-term success rate for people who attempt to lose weight is around 5 to 10 percent. Maybe you missed the mark the last time you attempted a weight loss program. Perhaps that’s why you’re here at Healthfaire today, seeking the fastest way to lose weight in a healthy way. We at Healthfaire applaud your efforts to acquire a healthier you! We want to help you reach that goal—and we want you to do it right.
Now, most of you already know the importance of losing weight, but let’s go over it again, just to be thorough.
Why Lose Weight?
Lose weight, and you’ll live longer. It is as simple as that! Even though you have no control over your fate, you do have control over the types of illnesses, diseases, and problems that your weight gain attracts. Here are some reasons why you need to lose weight:
Do It for Your Knees and Elbows
Osteoarthritis, a degenerative joint disease, causes a loss of cartilage and deteriorates joints. Osteoarthritis is part of aging, but obesity increases its probability. Trust us, you’ll want to try harder to lose weight after you hear the following ways osteoarthritis affects your bones:
- Joints ache
- Mobility decreases
- Leads to muscle weakness
- Cartilage, the soft tissue that cushions joints, deteriorates
- Condition worsens
- Pain increases
Overweight and obese women are four times more likely at risk of osteoarthrosis whereas overweight and obese men are five times at risk of osteoarthritis.
Do It for a Good Night’s Sleep
Sleep apnea occurs when the upper airway collapses during sleep, resulting in limited oxygen. In short, breathing comes to a halt. Unaware to you, this happens several times during the night as you sleep. If you are overweight or obese, the chances of sleep apnea becoming part of your nighttime routine increases. Here’s how a poor diet and decreased level of physical activity can lead to sleep apnea:
- Fat accumulates in your airways, leading it to become narrow and increasing the likelihood of it collapsing
- Fat weighs down your lungs, leaving them with no room to breathe
- Fat alters your hormone signals and respiratory signals
Being obese and overweight increases your risk of developing sleep apnea. It can also lead to weight gain in people who are not overweight or obese, as a lack of sleep slows down the metabolism and rewires the hormone systems.
Do It for Your Immune System
When you’re overweight or obese, your immune system suffers. Fat, an active endocrine organ, secretes cytokines and hormones. Cytokines influence the behavior of cells in your body and together with hormones, they create a balance in your body.
If you are overweight or obese, you have excess fat in your body. Excess fat interferes with the function of cells and hormones, and your immune system is one of the first processes in your body to become affected. An improper functioning immune system puts you at a higher risk of developing several types of infections. Some of which include:
- Nose and sinus infections
- Gum infections
- Stomach infections
Diets high in fat and sugar negatively impact your immune system, leading to an increase in blood sugar level and causing oxidative damage, which increases your risk of infections.
There you have it. Three reasons why it is so necessary for you to lose weight. However, to further motivate you, here are more reasons why you should hop on the “diet and exercise” train.
What Issues May Arise Because of Being Overweight?
When you’re obese or overweight, you expose yourself to a variety of different issues. If you don’t lose weight, the following issues, in addition to others not listed here, can become a permanent part of your life:
- Certain types of cancer (kidney, breast, colon and rectum, endometrium, and gallbladder)
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Pregnancy issues in women
- Type 2 diabetes
Are you overweight or obese?
Look for these signs:
- Intense cravings for sugary food
- Limited to no social activity (hanging out with friends, dating, making new friends, etc.)
- Beer gut around your midsection
- Shortness of breath regardless of the distance or activity
- Clothes becoming too tight or small
- Unable to perform activities you used to before
- Experiencing health problems such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc.
- Visible weight gain noticed by family and friends
- Unable to wear shoes standing up
- Excess fat around the neck, hips, thighs, upper arms, abdominal area, shoulders, and other unusual areas on your body
- Experiencing sore feet, knee pain, and/or back pain
- Feeling depressed
- Inability to perform common tasks
- Experiencing heartburn and/or irregular heartbeat
- Have skin folds with rashes
- Have begun snoring
- Eating food in secret, as you’re embarrassed to eat in front of others
- Avoiding all types of physical activity
If you said “yes” to one or more of these signs, you are either overweight or obese. The quickest way to find out if you are overweight or obese is to check your Body Mass Index (BMI). It measures your body weight according to your weight and height.
Apart from the diseases and inability to exercise, there are social factors that indicate the need to lose weight. When we’re dealing with weight gain, our social life along with our confidence takes a nosedive.
Socially and for Health Reasons
You need to lose weight for health reasons, that’s a given. You also need to lose weight to maintain an active social life.
Clothes Don’t Fit
Continue to Eat More
Low Energy Levels
Stop Going Out
It becomes a vicious circle, which starts with you gaining a few pounds. It goes unchecked. It’s just a few pounds, you say. It gets worse from there. Your weight gain begins to spiral out of control. It starts to take over your peace of mind, causing depression and anxiety. You stop hanging out with friends and family, you may stop dating. Meeting new people becomes simply out of the question. You begin to find comfort at home and in food.
Being a homebody only worsens your depression, which leads to emotional eating and more weight gain. On top of that, your health begins to decline which only greater impacts your social life. Remember, it’s never too late to make losing weight your purpose. You don’t have to leave your house to do it either. You can follow home treatments to lose weight.
What Are a Few “Fastest Way to Lose Weight” Home Treatments?
The following home treatments can help you in your mission to shed the pounds fast:
- Cuts down fat
- Removes toxins
- Increases your metabolism
- Add three teaspoons of lemon juice, one-half teaspoon of powdered black pepper, and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of water. Drink it on an empty stomach in the morning every day for three months.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Breaks down fat and prevents the accumulation of body fat
- Decreases high cholesterol
- Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink it in the morning and before meals.
- Stimulates metabolism
- Increases energy consumption
- Reduces fat in the body
- Use the pulp from Aloe Vera leaves, place in the blender, add water, blend for three minutes, and drink it once each day for one month.
- Reduces hunger
- Balances blood sugar level
- Increases energy levels
- Combine one teaspoon of ground cinnamon and add one cinnamon stick to eight ounces of water, boil it for 15 minutes, and drink it at least one or two times each day.
- Revs up metabolism
- Increases energy
- Combats fatigue
- Increases mental alertness
- Manages blood sugar level
- Add one teaspoon of chopped ginseng into eight ounces of water, boil it for nine minutes, strain, and drink it two times each day.
Now, we could’ve given you a few diets that help you lose weight fast, but are they safe? No. Most of the diets that promise you fast weight loss are not safe, which is why—if you are planning to try one that you discovered—you need to be extra careful about it.
We humans have one great flaw—we always want shortcuts! Shortcuts to lose weight come with health risks, which we’ll go over later. Whenever you want to try a new fad diet that is making the rounds, you need to perform research and consult with your general physician or dietician prior to starting it, especially if you suffer from a medical condition. If you follow a fad diet blindly, you’ll put yourself at risk that comes with trying to lose weight fast.
What Are Some Risks When Trying to Lose Weight Fast?
Here are some risks of losing weight fast:
- Slow down your metabolism
- Cause nutritional deficiencies (hair loss, extreme fatigue, poor immune system, and weak and brittle bones)
- Cause gallstones
- Crash diets cause hunger, irritability, dizziness, constipation, dehydration, feeling cold, and muscle cramps)
Lose Weight the Healthy Way: No Pills, No Starving (Why?)
The only way to lose weight in a safe manner is doing it the healthy way—without the aid of diet pills. And definitely do not go “cold turkey.” Do not cut entire food groups and never starve yourself! You need to perform moderate exercise and change your eating habits.
Eat your greens and fruits. Work out at home or join a gym. Try unconventional ways to work out such as taking the stairs, dancing while cleaning the house, and talking on the phone while walking. Get into the groove of eating healthy meals and exercising daily. Soon, you will see the pounds melt off! If summer is approaching, you will naturally lean towards the fastest, more unhealthy ways to lose weight, but don’t!
People Are Always Looking for the “Fastest Way to Lose Weight” but Summertime is Even More Important
It’s not like you don’t know when summer is going to arrive at your doorstep. A few months before summer arrives, why not start to work out and change your eating habits? Don’t risk harming your body by waiting a few weeks before summer and embarking on some fad diet. Start prepping your summer body and wardrobe in the spring. You can find ways to lose weight that give you quick results without risking your health. And remember: It’s never too late to start.
Find the “Fastest Way to Lose Weight,” Take What Works for You, and Use for Long-Term Weight Control
The fastest way to lose weight should also be the safest way to lose weight. Once you find the fastest and safest way, stick to it. You will benefit from using it for the rest of your life for weight management. Even though there are so many SAFE ways to lose weight, people still find themselves swept up in weight loss gimmicks.
Weight Loss Is a Wide Niche, but Stick With
the “Fastest (Healthiest) Way to Lose Weight”
One of the primary reasons we find people wanting to lose weight fast using unhealthy methods is due to the immediate results it offers, along with the instant confidence boost. But then the side effects come knocking at your door. Ask yourself, “Is it really worth it to lose weight fast at the expense of your health?” If you answered no, we hope you’ll follow a healthy diet and exercise daily.
If you want to stay updated on all the latest weight loss techniques, you can always visit us at HealthFaire!
- The vast majority of American adults are overweight or obese, and weight is a growing problem among US children: http://www.healthdata.org/news-release/vast-majority-american-adults-are-overweight-or-obese-and-weight-growing-problem-among ↑
- There are real, and difficult, biological reasons why it’s hard to lose weight: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/there-are-real-and-difficult-biological-reasons-why-its-hard-to-lose-weight/2018/01/05/53bbf9d8-ea54-11e7-9f92-10a2203f6c8d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5184ba45e523 ↑
- Role of Body Weight in Osteoarthritis: https://www.hopkinsarthritis.org/patient-corner/disease-management/role-of-body-weight-in-osteoarthritis/ ↑
- Your weight matters: obesity and sleep apnea: https://www.sleepapnea.org/weight-matters-obesity-and-sleep-apnea/ ↑
- Obesity and the Immune System: http://www.obesityaction.org/educational-resources/resource-articles-2/general-articles/obesity-and-the-immune-system ↑