Six Home Fixes for Cellulite
Are you tired of covering up your body all summer long due to the embarrassment of cellulite? Do you avoid pool parties or the beach because you want to hide that lumpy skin on your thighs? Are sleeveless tops out of the question because of your dimpled arms? You’re not alone in your frustrations. According to an article in Scientific American, cellulite affects 90 percent of women in industrialized nations at some point in their lives. Ninety percent! That’s a huge number!
If you’re like millions of other women who are looking for nonsurgical ways to help rid your body of cellulite or diminish its appearance, the good news is there’s hope. There are many natural ways to work on these enlarged fatty deposits including dietary changes, targeted exercises, as well as adequate hydration. If you start now, before you know it, you could be looking good and feeling more confident in whatever clothing the occasion calls for.
Here are six tips to help jumpstart your anti-cellulite program:
- Reduce your salt intake. Salt is the major cause of fluid retention which can add more bulk to these already enlarged fatty deposits.
- Start an exercise program. The best exercises will be ones which target your problem areas and help tone muscle such as jogging, running, walking, swimming, and yoga. Most cardio workouts are also wonderful for helping reduce fat, which in turn, can help reduce cellulite. There’s something for every level of fitness, so don’t think exercise is out of reach for you. The reduction of cellulite requires good circulation in the affected area, so get that blood pumping.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Include foods which are high in lecithin such as spinach, eggs, and apples. Lecithin aids in breaking up deposits which may reduce cellulite.
- Avoid fatty foods and “junk” foods; they’ll only add to the problem.
- Moisturize your skin. Moisturizing can help smooth and hydrate the skin and certain creams which tighten the skin will also help lessen the appearance of cellulite. Avoid “fad” creams which claim to get rid of cellulite.
- Hydrate your body. Your body needs water; water helps improve the quality of skin as well as aids in flushing out fats and toxins.
Reducing the cellulite in our bodies may not be easy, but it doesn’t have to cost a fortune either. With a little effort and patience, you can have great success improving the way you look and feel with these cellulite solutions.